Delco Cruisers Forums
Sign in to follow this  
71Dart440

Mopar Missle Hamtramck Archives

Here's a link to a site Stewart Pomeroy helped put together in an effort to ensure the preservation of some very important Mopar Racing History. A lot went into these cars....acid dipped bodies, offset front wheels (more time in the beams), narrowing of the entire body, sheering of drip rails, titanium parts, etcs. Things the untrained eye would easily overlook. Considering how long ago this was, study the pictures closely and note the recording devices in the trunk, aero testing, wheel speed sensors, etc. It was amazing the testing Chrysler engineers were asking of these guys...which they gladly delivered. Stewart Pomeroy was part of the Missle crew in those days and went on to race his own Hemi Colt, later retiring from racing and now resides in Florida. Hope you enjoy these picts as much as I do and respect the efforts put forth in those days considering the technological limits of the time.... :D It's well, well worth the time to hit each link and review the picts.

Mopar Missle Historical Site

PARKING%20LOT%20REPAIR%202.jpg

That's a great site. I know all about the drip rail shave, what a PITA.

Factory backed car....

My Moparts.com buddy Stewart Pomeroy is up to it again....mustering up old picts to share:

Don Carlton Hemi Colt Wind Tunnel

Butch Leal Plymouth Arrow Wind Tunnel

I'm always impressed in what these guys were looking for in E.T. even back in the 70's from an aerodynamic stand point!