Delco Cruisers Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_BB_Chevy

Grumpy's Toys: The Authorized History of "Grumpy" Jenkins' Cars (Cartech)

I gotta get me one of those "Grumpy Lump" hood scoops on that Camaro.It would add that back in the day look to my car..I had one years ago.. dad always said it looked like a 'mailbox'

I went on Amazon to order the book..Its only a pre-order status now..didn't give a available date.

Edited by MolsonManiac

FOR THOSE WHO WANT THE BOOK IT WONT BE PUBLISHED UNTIL JAN 2011 BUT GET YOUR REQUEST IN. MY OLDER SON IS A PLANNING AND ALLOCATION DIRECTOR FOR THE BOOK SUPPLY COMPANY THAT DOES BORDERS AND BARNES AND NOBLES ETC. AND HE GAVE ME THE SKINNY THE OTHER DAY WHEN I ASKED HIM TO GET ME TWO COPIES. IF I DO GET THEM ONE WILL BE A MONTHLY MEETING DOOR PRIZE.

BTW DID ANYBODY HEAR ANYTHING MORE ABOUT GRUMP'S HEALTH??????????????????????? :unsure:

....Still GRUMPY ?????

I guess I gotta start going to go to the meetings again....I probably can learn a few tricks from that book !!!

I was unable to do the checkout when I 'tried' to order it on Amazon..Everything would freeze up...and wouldn't alow me to checkout....SO..I went right to the Cartech Books website...WOW they have one he11 of a selection of car material !!! I was able to order it there along with a book on the Yenko cars and one one the Woodward Ave cruises..Give me a few years..a few (right) beers ...and a rockin chair...and I'll write one about the crazy Macdade Blvd nights.!!!...Look out Hemingway !!!

Edited by MolsonManiac

....Still GRUMPY ?????

I guess I gotta start going to go to the meetings again....I probably can learn a few tricks from that book !!!

I was unable to do the checkout when I 'tried' to order it on Amazon..Everything would freeze up...and wouldn't alow me to checkout....SO..I went right to the Cartech Books website...WOW they have one he11 of a selection of car material !!! I was able to order it there along with a book on the Yenko cars and one one the Woodward Ave cruises..Give me a few years..a few (right) beers ...and a rockin chair...and I'll write one about the crazy Macdade Blvd nights.!!!...Look out Hemingway !!!

Make sure your book has pictures! :drummer: You may have to change names to protect the guilty :tuuutx:

While were on the tops of "books"......no it won't be dirty....does anyone out there know IF there are any books out there on the AWESOME cars that used to come out of "Motion Performance" up in Long Island.I know they built some really wild cars back then that deserve some interest.Seems ALOT of cars that were running on the island were hot cars....and on the street.Influenced some of the action down this way on Front Street..Delaware Ave.......

BTW DID ANYBODY HEAR ANYTHING MORE ABOUT GRUMP'S HEALTH??????????????????????? unsure.gif

....After an unintended break in action, Bill has found his way back to Jenkins Competition making it one of his first stops after being released from what he affectionately referred to as jail.

It will be a slow recovery getting his strength back. he shows the same old determinination and definetly has got the spunk.....

That really good to hear!!!! There's still ALOT to be learned from "The Master"......says the Grasshopper

Got the book last week..It was some "interesting" reading....BUT ...it still didn't give away any engine or chassis 'secrets'....bummer!!!