Delco Cruisers Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_BB_Chevy

BG closed door

February 18, 2011

lrg_Barry_Grant-e1298060856503.gif

Barry Grant Incorporated, makers of high performance carburetors and other products for the racing and automotive industry, announced today that it has ceased operations immediately, citing a lack of financial capital to continue operations due to several causes. Based in Dahlonega, Georgia, Barry Grant Inc. was founded in 1984 and is the entity behind five product lines including Demon Carburetors, BG Fuel Systems, Triple-D Induction, Nitrous Works, and Rush Performance Filters.

Barry Grant Inc. filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy amidst the height of the economic downturn in October 2009 and had continued operations in the year since. Below is a prepared statement from company founder and President Barry Grant issued today:

As of today, February 18, 2011 we are ceasing operations at our Dahlonega location and all subsidiary locations. Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. I will value your support as friends, customers, vendors, and media contacts forever. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations and get a Chapter 11 reorganization plan through the court. In addition to this, is that all of our equipment has been breaking down causing production delays and further hurting cash flow. Reluctantly now we must convert to Chapter 7 liquidation after 26 years of business.The financial collapse has closed, or has caused severe restructuring of many companies in our industry. Many individuals have lost everything. We have even lost our home. This is the most humbling experience of my life, and I have no future plans at this point. Thank you for your many years of support.

http://www.dragzine....ses-operations/

Seeing this more and more.... shame. :dunno:

Very Sad.

Wow! There's several vendors that have closed doors we hardly hear about (i.e Crane Cams). And Washington now after the Army's sponsorship of NASCAR. Tracks too are barely surviving (i.e St.Louis International (St. Louis Int. Raceway)

It is indeed really bad....

That blows

But arean't the armed forces NASCAR sonsored teams ALWAYS ready to 'Get-R-Done' and rock and roll???? LOL..Now what happens with all thw waranties on Barry Grant equipment?? The owners are out???? What about parts-wise??? Thank some tree-huggers for helping to save the enviroment...and kill our hobby???

LETS DISCUSS THIS A LITTLE . CARB 770CFM $600 . F/I OR WHATEVER ELECTRONIC MIX YOU LIKE $1500-2000 AND NOW YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BATTERY POWER THE WHOLE TIME. CARB STARTS SCREWING UP BANG IT WITH HAMMER ITS OK . DO THAT TO F/I AND ITS ANOTHER 2K. IT IS AN STRETCH BUT YOU CAN EASILY FOLLOW MY THOUGHT PROCESS.

aND I AM NOT A TREE HUGGER.

I dont know... I thought it was more because of hard times...everyone is being hit with it. We are all seeing people doing more with less staff. People are suffering in all fields. Shame.

BTW... I have something to tell you Pete....are you sitting.... Check out Courtney's pics on her FB wall.... She is a "certified" Tree Hugger... Lots of pics of her hugging trees.... :yikes:

Sorry Buddy....

: )

I'm sure IF B.G. was another type of company....the government would find "some" way to help them out.??? Or it was run by people new to this country...with major grants to keep it going??I "prefer" to use carb. I don't even allow a computer on the cars I build.I'm just "old-school". Let me get off the chair and rip my Courtney posters down.Every poster I have seen her in....she's next to a performance vehicle that looks like it can suck down gas like there's no tommorrow.I just feel bad for the people of B.G. that got layed off and all the customers left high and dry.

Edited by MolsonManiac

Unfortunately, Pete and Tom and the rest of us are a slowly diminishing breed. Take a look at Sonny's Mopar with the 6.1L Hemi or the guy at the toy run with the LS1 in his 56 Chevy. You have to admit those cars drive and run sweet. There will always be a market for carburetors, it will just be smaller and only the strong and nimble will survive.

Don't be surprised when 2 months from now...it reopens with its new owners Son-Don-Li and his 85 year old mama son....renamed "Di Di Mao Carb"....hire non union,non-english speaking people ,who ..up to 5 minutes previously were cabbage pickers in Mexico,and have a tech line with a person named Hadgi Bo Bo in India who doesn't know what a carb is..but can explain the graces of the sacred laughing cow that roam free of the streets of New Delhi...as I sit there eating a cheeseburger.!!

Its sad that over the years we have seen soooo many good Proudly Made In America stickers,go by the wayside and to say multi-national made in Timbuktu