Delco Cruisers Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_BB_Chevy

2011 COPO Camaro

2012 COPO Race Pak Camaro

Does this mean you are trying to buy one?

The 7.0L naturally aspirated or the 5.3L supercharged?

2012 COPO Race Pak Camaro

Just got the 2ss/rs.i will buy the copo as soon as gm puts them out.

It will be cheaper to build one. I cant see these COPO's sell for less then 75,000.00

Chevy has to build/sell at least 50 cars to be NHRA legal for a class. these are NOT street cars, these are NON DOT.

these COPO's are targeted for the stock eliminator class. stockers cost 85K and up. Super Stocker 100K and up. plus you'll need at least 2 engines & transmissions, to be competitive.

(my yellow `69 is still a legal Super stocker in SS/DA or SS/EA Class, but i dont have the 50-60k for a competitive engine or the 5-7k for the trans)

The key is that chevy puts together a great engine combo, that meets NHRA standards. once that happens, these cars will be legal in that class. and racers will start building them.

No power anything, driver only seat belts/harness, no back seat, no power steering. solid rear suspension, 4 link, chrome molly cage, adjustable front strut, fuel cell.

• * Provisions for a Powerglide two-speed automatic transmission, a three-speed automatic or a five-speed manual
  • * High-rise cowl-induction hood
  • * Custom Aeromotive fuel system, with a fuel cell and integral high-pressure fuel pump
  • * Full, chrome moly roll cage
  • * Coil-over front suspension with Strange Engineering adjustable struts
  • * Custom rear suspension, based on NHRA requirements, with Strange Engineering shocks, Panhard bar and stabilizer bar
  • * Strange Engineering S-9 solid rear axle with aluminum third member, 35-spline spool, 35-spline axles and 4.10 gear set
  • * Lightweight, COPO-specific racing wheels
  • * 29x9-inch rear radial racing slicks and 4.5x28x15-inch front tires
  • * Manual steering system
  • * Strange Engineering lightweight racing brakes system with standard line lock.

The interior is all business, with most sound deadening and power accessories deleted. Instead, there is pair of racing bucket seats (and no rear seat), a safety harness for the driver, a competition floor shifter and Chevrolet Performance gauges by Auto Meter.

AND GM DOES SELL A BODY ONLY "IN WHITE"

I like it, great vid

Heads up, everyone! Breaking News: The BLOCK is very proud to announce that the first four completed COPO Camaros, #s 3, 5, 7 & 9, were loaded on the transport truck and are headed to their new owners(8/8/2012)!

We snapped some quick pics and videos for you guys, that you just gotta check out below!

COPO_5.jpg

COPO_4.jpg

COPO_1.jpg

COPO_2.jpg

COPO_3.jpg

#3 COPO

COPO #4 NHRA Stocker (427 NA)

post-1-13462566081091_thumb.jpg

9.381 @ 141mph (This COPO runs in NHRA CC/SA class. National record for CC/SA is 9.43)

2012 COPO Camaro testing at Rockingham.

Legal Stock Weight,100% stock LS7 from GM.

ECU FAST XFI and XIM combo tuned by Brian Macy Horsepower Connection, suspension tuning by Victor Cagnazzi and Dave Connolly.

Driver Dave Connolly. See them at the 2012 US Nationals.