Delco Cruisers Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Astontibs

GM LS style V8 engine

I mentioned this in the meetings about a year ago, but i am still looking for a late model GM V-8. I will consider a 5.3 liter out of a pick up truck up to the 6.2 liter LS-3. I would mention the 7.0 liter, but that is a fantasy. I almost bought an LQ-4 6.0 liter out of a pickup truck last week, but it got sold before I could look at it. The engine can be low miles ready to drop in or need a rebuild. Please keep your eyes and ears open for me.

I mentioned this in the meetings about a year ago, but i am still looking for a late model GM V-8. I will consider a 5.3 liter out of a pick up truck up to the 6.2 liter LS-3. I would mention the 7.0 liter, but that is a fantasy. I almost bought an LQ-4 6.0 liter out of a pickup truck last week, but it got sold before I could look at it. The engine can be low miles ready to drop in or need a rebuild. Please keep your eyes and ears open for me.

ALAN,

i FOUND YOUR TREASURE LOOK AT LS1GTO.COM STUFF FOR SALE 5.3 WITH 6SPD T-56 CARBERATED AND LOTS OF STUFF.

Thanks Tom, not bad, but I am still looking for that screaming deal. Like that $1500 Z28 Camaro that I let get away.

Alan you know you have to pay if you want to play :happyanim:

I found an LS-1 in Louisiana for $1300. I am having it shipped up this week, but I need to find a location to get it shipped to. I have access to a pick up truck. SO I am looking for a distribution point that will drop it in the pick up for me.

LS-1 is in the garage and on the engine stand. Started the disassembly Sunday. Wiring harness, coil packs, exhaust manifolds and front accessories have been removed. Taking detailed pictrures along the way and starting to formulate the rebuild plan. I still have plenty of time though as I won't actually rebuild this engine for a year or so. Need to do the subframe and vintage AC first.

Progress!!! Congrats! I also heard about a new A/C place called "Southern Air. Supposed to be a real nice unit and reasonable. Check it out.

Nice Alan

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this