Delco Cruisers Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Astontibs

Cecil County Weds 19 Sep

I am going racing tomorrow night at Cecil County (assuming the weather stays as predicted). It is test and tune night, $15 to race $10 to spectate. Wednesday nights are better than Fridays as there are less crowds and you can get more runs in. I think I am taking the 68 since I haven't run it since I was dyno tuned last year.

Good but frustrating night, first run was my personal best 13.336 at 105.27 MPH. That is about 2/10ths faster than I had ever gone in the 68 so I was happy. I spent the rest of the night (7 more runs) trying to better the run, but couldn't although I did eke out a 105.36 MPH run one other time. I may make one last run with this engine combination at the Atco Philafdelphia Modifiers run.

Alan. you have to remember on test/tune/street night, the track goes away.

too many street cars draging water to the line, not doing a burn out the correct way(you'll see cars do the burnout in the water box, which throws water in the rear wheel wells then drips on the track at the line).

you'll notice your 60' will fall off as you cant hook, as you did earlier in the night, better air is more power and a worst 100' track surface

Alan. you have to remember on test/tune/street night, the track goes away.

too many street cars draging water to the line, not doing a burn out the correct way(you'll see cars do the burnout in the water box, which throws water in the rear wheel wells then drips on the track at the line).

you'll notice your 60' will fall off as you cant hook, as you did earlier in the night, better air is more power and a worst 100' track surface

I know, my best 60' was my first at 2.040. I guess that is not bad for street tires.

corvette on eagle GT street tire 1.98 60' 12.98 @114

camaro 1.26 60' 9.52 & 151mph (60' time is rear tires/ front wheels are 5-6' in the air until the 300')