Delco Cruisers Forums
  • Announcements

• brian

MIDDLETOWN COMMUNITY DAY   03/10/2017

Middletown Community Day 5/13/2017 Rain or shine. Set up from noon to 2:30. Community Day from3pm to 7pm.
    • brian

PORT DEPOSIT SPRING CAR SHOW   03/29/2017

Port Deposit VFW Car show 4/8/17. 10am to 3pm 520 Susquehanna river rd. Port Deposit MD contact  Bruce@ 410-642-2847 or e-nail(PortDepositVFW@aol.com)
    • brian

2017 KOP CAR SHOW   04/29/2017

Upper Merion Police Assoc. car show more information as it becomes available.

I know you're probably thinking.."What is this kid talking about??"..No ...I'm not talking old car clubs that we might have been in..( BUT..that is an idea) What I'm talking about is the places (drinking establishments) that we used to make an "appearance" at !!! It must have been all the flashing Christmas lights that made me feel 'a bit back in the day'??? My favorites were "Discovery" which turned into 'Nightlights'( YES..even tho I have the hippie look...I was a 'little disco'.)......But "Pulsations" used to "rock the world" !!! Come-on guys ..fess up ...Where did all of you hang out??? I know SOMEONE out there HAD to have went to "Studio54" in New York back then !! :o:D And I'm sure some of you hit "Spinning Wheels" or "Skate Odessey"!!! :blink:

Mr_BB_Chevy    0

nope pete.. none of them.

the clubs i hung at smelled like racing gas... burnt rubber... and the music was the taps of the hi-lift valvetrain chatter..

-exxon, arco, gulf, shell.

-mario, bartrum, big del, lil del, enterprise, 61st street, pass ave, front, 11th,...

-mikes auto, my garage.. atco, cecil, e-town, the grove..

carl    0

I went to them all- and i mean 5 nights a week in the late 70's -90's

E.A's Club Tomorrow (Disco Club) - Drexel Line Shopping Center

The Library- (Disco Club) City Line Ave ** Where I taught disco Hustle Dancing on monday nights

Vanentino's Disco --Cherry Hill N.J

Franchine's Disco - N.J

Alexis Dance Studio/Disco Hustle -- 86th and Broadway, New York City

Disco Discovery - Mc Dade Bld

Joey's PhaseII Dance Studio -- Baltimore Pike, Clifton Heights

Watering holes;

The Delchester -West Chester Pike

The Boat House -Media

A Rock Music club on Rt30 (I foget the name) across from the now Farmers Market in Wayne.

Carl -Club Pres

90volts    0

aghhhh - too much info! :lol:

dive bars for me. pretty much the pennant on mcdade or the ponderosa in ridley. none of that disco stuff... but to be fair, that was before my time... :P

40chev    0

that stuffs ok for you puppies but i go back to st. alices, chev vous, holy cross, wagners and then getting back from the army some of the above and disco stuff ata few places in conshohocken , the downtown tavern and the pump room, also like carl state the place across from the farmers market and the frog in valley forge marriot.

some of the disco queens just couldnt understand that gloria gaynor just couldnt compete with the beach boys and little duece coupe but i will give props to the donna summers love trilogy 17 straight minutes of cutting the rug as you real old timers use to say.

Buggin63    0

90V you went to the Pondo in Ridley????? Did you have one of the chairs with the name plate? Yes....I went to the "doe". See....not always 5th Ave..... Carl....do you own the best of Disco Duck collection.... :P Mr. BB.....what car on Front street...may recall the tail lights running from the police.

Pete I remember some of those places......I think I saw you on the floor at S.O. with a light stick during backwards skates....or was that in the corner at the "penalty box". Those Brown skates.... :P

Guess none of you guys went to the after hour clubs (great for shfit work people). R & S, Bungalow, Columbus Club and the "Ugly Club".

Yes....they are still around.

T.

Edited by Buggin63

5Belair7    0

I remember the Steer in Jim....but have to admit I was just a kid......next to South Avenue right?

Lets see....."The Harbor Light" on the Woodlyn shopping center..."THE LOG CABIN" where Granite Run GMC Pontiac now sits, Lens Den, (Now Lima Pizza), "Richettis Springfield Inn"......A few times at the "Bungalow", ...... a few times at the R&S Club........

As for the Disco era....the Harbor Light actually installed a raised light up checkerboard disco dance floor.

I wasnt the Disco King as our president obviously was from looking at the photo at Moe's last weekend.

Hey.....who has that? Wasnt it supposed to be posted on here???

Glen B)

Buggin63    0

GUESS WHO ???--Our Club President...CARL N.

STAYING ALIVE

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,

I'm a woman's man, no time to talk.

Music loud and women warm.

I've been kicked around since I was born.

And now it's all right, it's O.K.

And you may look the other way.

We can try to understand

The New York Times' effect on man.

Whether you're a brother

Or whether you're a mother,

You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.

Feel the city breakin'

And ev'rybody shakin'

And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.

Ah, ha, ha, ha,

Stayin' alive.

Stayin' alive.

Ah, ha, ha, ha,

Stayin' alive.

post-56-1229267577_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buggin63

Carl D    0

Anybody remember the Saw Mill :ph34r:

Mr_BB_Chevy    0
Mr. BB.....what car on Front street...may recall the tail lights running from the police.

T.

you may recall tail lights from a blue `69 chevelle... but not running from the police.

Anybody remember the Saw Mill :ph34r:

rt3 havertown, now barnaby's

5Belair7    0

Lookin good in those DISCO TOGS Carl! :spoton::kewlpics:

I think we should have you give us a demo at the Anniversary Dinner. Maybe give the girls some lessons???

What do you guys think?

Glen B)

....and how many of you STILL own some of those Disco albums ???!!!! :D:D

40chev    0

i still have afew . but the best vinyl i have is by IRON BUTTERFLY could listen to drum solo fo hours

Mr_BB_Chevy    0

yep 40chevy i have that too. still have alot of rock vinyl.

a real "Sticky Fingers" with zipper too.

rolling-stones-sticky-fingers-zipper.jpg

tony bruno    0

Ah now your talkin I was the Dj at Pulsations, Popcorns, Ramada Inn, played records at Discovery, Flanagans on South street, River Cafe, Touche', Be Bop, Mardi Gras, Second Story, Deco, Egypt, Shampoo, and the list goes on and on! I Dj now at Chickie's and Pete's in south Philly on friday nites. My record collection has about 15,000 pieces ! Been playin records for 30 years.

Tony...maybe you heard me on the radio???? I was always on the Boss 97 FM. :D Ahhhh the good days ... And I used to spin records up at Dimatteo's back in the '80's B)

Mr_BB_Chevy    0

Tony, you know Franky D or Tony Rome?

shaffer    0

I have no recall of the late 60's and the first half of the 70's :blink:

Mr_BB_Chevy    0
I have no recall of the late 60's and the first half of the 70's :blink:

Tom, most of the people that don't remember that time period ended up having kids that dance on their heads(spinning) while doing the curly shuffle(three stooges), :blink: and they thought they were cool. :roflmao:

Jim Keenan    0

But Glen the burgers were 15 cents ! OK who drank at the El Rancho ! You talk about the RS Club, when I worked at Westinghouse a pal of mine father has the job of building the bars and he broke his leg and we had to complete the job. Shady group owned the place, could tell you some stores !

90volts    0
Tom, most of the people that don't remember that time period ended up having kids that dance on their heads(spinning) while doing the curly shuffle(three stooges), :blink: and they thought they were cool. :roflmao:

hmmm, who do we know who danced on their head? :o